Monday 5 September 2011

Oliver Searle

Artists Name: Oliver Searle


My dream of being a professional Fashion photographer Illustrator/Artist inspires my artwork.
The first memories I have of drawing evolve around human figures and fashion. I work with various mediums including water colour, oil pastels. pencil and acrylic. I hope people can connect and be inspired by  my art work, that they can draw their own interpretations from my works.


Title: Oooops!


Medium: Ink, Water colour and acrylic on paper.


Created: January 2011


This is Ollie's first artwork for 'Dreaming Hazel Dooney'. After doing research and learning about Hazel, Ollie obtained Permission to use photographs from her blog as a reference point. He feels that there is a sexuality that comes through in her blog and photographs that she confidently expresses. Within that context, Ollie feels that this picture 'Oooops! I did it' is unusual and not as direct. The hand covers the mouth and the eyes are squinting so Ollie decided to avoid some of the detail, choosing instead a soft focus.
At  the Beginning of a journey Ollie explores how he did not really know Hazel, and wonders "do we ever actually know some one fully?"








Title: 'The Softer Side'




Medium: Water colours and pencil on paper.




Created: January 2011


This the third work From Ollie, was inspired by a picture of Hazel Dooney on the front of the magazine 'Obvious' The picture shows Hazels facial structure in more detail than the other peice's created.


Ollie Says, "There was a sence of truth in the picture but also a sence of concealment. I like the idea because I still feel like I dont really know her. I dont think you can really know someone untill you meet them and even then? However i do feel more of a softness from Hazel the more i read her blog, especially when she was writing about her father."


One again Ollie leverages the colour purple but this time in more a soft delicate way in contrast to her strong profile.


     Oooops!

The softer side


No comments:

Post a Comment