Saturday 3 September 2011

Riiko Sakkinen





Artists Name: Riiko Sakkinen
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
REFRESHING MOLOTOV COCKTAILS




I make art out of everyday life, including special offers and car bombs, exotic cocktails and Molotov cocktails, cleaning the house and ethnic cleansing, fast food and Blitzkrieg.

I find my materials in the TV news (demonstration banners demanding more freedom), flyers put under windscreen wipers (earn money without a job), advertisements in newspapers (blow job without a condom), and breakfast cereal boxes (chocolate super hero eats his children).

I do drawings, but cannot draw. I do paintings, but cannot paint. I do other things, too, but cannot do that either. It is a tragedy, but tragedies are appreciated in Arts.

I always disagree. I am always wrong.


Title: My Favorite Hazels.

2011. 29,7 x 21cm. Ink on paper.
Hazel Dooney is a character that exists in an online narrative.
 My work lists in the style of a Wikipedia disambiguation page
 real and fictional people with the name Hazel. The source used is
an online encyclopedia, the list is created on the screen of my
 computer and the work was sent via e-mail to the gallery where
 it has been printed out. I've never touched it or seen it. It is as
real as the heroin of this narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment