Monday 5 September 2011

Ryan McCoy:

Name: Ryan McCoy


In Making these images, I attempted to simply reflect on what i have learned about Hazel Dooney through her countless online posts, which I have followed for years and which have influenced me tremendously as an artist. I realized that my perceptions of Hazel where based entirely on what she revealed online, and that all I really have is an impression, or more specifically, an impression that is made up of hundreds of little impressions. In reflecting, I was stuck by the spectrum of imprints in my mind of Hazel, from her obvious strength and will to unbelievable vulnerability and sadness. From her stability and resilience, to her candid and unapologetic exploration of herself, her thoughts and her feelings. There is an undeniable honesty and conviction behind her transmitted persona and it seams with Hazel, we get the good the bad and the ugly, but it is in that honesty and conviction with which she approaches her work and transmittion where cumulatively, it all becoms beautiful and compelling.


I did these images with watercolour, lead pencil and ink on coldpress paper, materials that are very much apart of Hazel's visial language.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment