Monday 5 September 2011

Scott Malcho Hull

Name: Scott Malcho Hull


Profession: Mariner


Career: Artist


I’ve sailed from the Arctic Circle to the Caribbean and back again, docking at a few places along the way. Ridden a fence or two. Viewed life from the saddle of a long series of much loved motorcycles. All of which has enriched my life and my art.


For the past 24 years, I have been honoured to be an officer, chief engineer, in the united states merchant marine, and spent nearly 30 years I Alaska on the Bering sea in various commercial vessels. I’ve been making art longer than that.


I like to use mixed media with strong emphasis on texture. I am also interested in photography as art especially water related scenes.


While recovering from an injury at sea, I was able to attend and graduate from the graphic design program at Seattle central community college in 1999. I currently live, work, and create art on the shores of Lake Michigan and beautiful Lake Wawasee, in northern Indiana. The Alaska state flag from the dock.


Tilt: Art is war in blue.

1 comment: