Thursday 8 September 2011

Lisa Penz

Lisa Penz


The influence of captivating heroines has always impacted my life. As a child I would sit in front of the television, and reproduce alluring images of my favourite Disney characters in order to perpetually experience resplendency. This fascination with a beautiful feminine presence has never left me.

My female portraits elicit a kaleidoscopic emotional response, encouraging the viewer to look beyond the surface beauty for a new-found appreciation. Spontaneity plays an essential role in my work as I am guided by instinct so that I capture the essence of the message on an emotional level. Onlookers are drawn in by compelling expressions and lustrous veils of colour, as I endeavor to transcend preconceived ideologies of beauty and invite the viewer to realize a deeper meaning.



Description of the work

The painting "Dreaming Dooney Hazel" visually explores various personas of Hazel Dooney through intricate details and soft layered textures to represent the "dark and light" of the artist herself. The persona that Hazel represents online is so multi-layered... my interpretation tries to capture that depth.

At the core of it all - this piece was created to express the heart of theartist from an outsider’s perspective. It is my empathetic interpretation.

There are some other hidden meanings in the work. I encourage the audience to look further.
http://www.lisapenz.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment