Friday 9 September 2011

Anna Reynolds



ANNA REYNOLDS





Hazel, edition of 10

60 x 60 cm

giclee print on Hahnemuhle photo rag


STATEMENT:

In the late 80’s under the crotch of the Skipping Girl vinegar neon I worked as a barmaid in a pub painted blood red. The Terminus was notorious for urban grungy chaotic cool, rockabilly bands, sly bottle shop and topless lunchtime barmaids.  Bleached hair, black clad and nose ring I worked alongside my bare breasted sisters: I couldn’t do it; didn’t have the confidence or the tits for it! Late one afternoon I swung around to see my comrade standing up on the bar spitting dollar coins from her vagina into a truck drivers beer.  Hazel’s gutsy art practice and in your face online presence occasionally makes me relive this moment.

www.artistannareynolds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment